About Us > Overview
AlfaSmart is a private company that was founded in 1957 and formerly known as "Kavkor Control & Monitoring Technologies Ltd". AlfaSmart began its activity as the first Israeli manufacturer of mechanical thermostats for refrigeration and for air-conditioning. Today AlfaSmart is a leading company in the development manufacturing and marketing of a wide rang of monitor & control systems to the HVAC industries.
The company has two centers of activities and business:
Activity fields of "Alfasmart":
- R&D center, located in Kibbutz Beit Alpha
- Headquarters and operational facilities, located in the "Sha'ar Yoqneam" High Tech Industrial Park in Northern Israel.
Products made by "Alfasmart":
- Design & development of control systems incorporating various electronic controls, at "1st series" level.
- Design & development of proto-types. Preparing product files and production files. Provision of "1st series' production.
- Integration of products by acquisition of know-how and / or combine development with strategic partners.
- Manufacturing of control at production series from large-scale series to small ones.
- Technical & maintenance support to the control systems (at some areas).
"AlfaSmart" specializes in offering for OEM and ODM partners, the full design and manufacturing of "Turnkey Projects" service for complete electronic solutions.
- Electro-Mechanical controls
- Analog electronic controls
- Digital electronic controls
- Electronic controls combine with communication systems
- Electronic controls, radio controlled
- Combined control circuits (several sensors integrated on one print-board)
Facilities and Technologies
The 10,000 sq.m. Facility employs some highly skilled personnel with expertise in all phases, from development and engineering, through manufacturing and quality assurance, to marketing and management. We have the required expertise within "AlfaSmart" to design and engineer from concept to finished product, modify and update an existing design or accept your finished design and carry it into production. The facilities we provide in Israel can be summarized as follows:
Markets and applications
- Conceptual brief
- Project Planning
- Graphics and Packaging design
- Circuit and Mechanical design
- Engineering models
- PCB design and fabrication
- Software development and programming
- Materials procurement
- Engineering revisions
- First run units for compliance testing
- Manufacturing - machining, tooling, assembly - State of the art SMT/SMD lines and
TH assembly, automatic selective assembly, wiring.
- Test fixtures - design assembly and implementation
- Assembly and test "clean rooms"
- Reliability & Quality laboratories services
Alfasmart focuses on designing and producing of control and monitoring systems that control your HVAC equipment, resulting in improved performance, efficiency, and productivity. Our products develop to deliver energy savings; costs cut and provide optimal living and working environments.
All "AlfaSmart' products comply with ISO 9001:2000 standards and the 2002/95/EC Directive (RoHS) of the European Parliament on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
All electro-mechanical products carry UL (US) approval. In addition, some electronic devices are UL-approved or comply with recognized international standards.
Pools and Spas
- Water sources
- Fan coils
- Heat pumps
- Air handling units
- Packaged units
- Rooftop units
- Hot water systems
- Floor & space heaters
- Hear Pumps
Water Systems for Household, Commercial and Industrial use
- Swimming pools
- Hot tubs
- Hydro massage baths
Liquids level and volume measurement
- Industrial & home purification and filtration systems
- Heating & cooling systems for drinking or treated water
- Poultry & livestock enclosures
- Chicken coops
"AlfaSmart" has a solid and well-established range of customers, from the high-tech sector, including:
IAI, Oceana, Intel, Tadiran Systems, Sanyo, CreoScitex, Bosch, Synel, ECI, Electra, Motorola, and many other contractors of all sizes, distributors and technicians.